Thursday, February 18, 2010

What color should I paint the walls of my room?

So I'm re-doing my room with a purple, black and white theme. I got this comforter for my bed which has purple and black and white zebra print on it and I was going to paint my walls a shade of purple but it seems like tehre will be too much purple if I do that. then i was going to do Black bit it would be to dark and white would be too boring. I was thinking of painting it a sort of gray color but I'm just not sure.





So what color should I paint my room that would fit the theme of purple black and white without using those colors?





Please give me reasonable ideas. No negative answers please -_-What color should I paint the walls of my room?
Gray sounds ok. Maybe you could also try a really light purple that wouldn't look so overwhelming.


If you're willing to do a little extra work, you could use two colors: one on the bottom of the wall, and one on top. Basically you would tape around your room about halfway up, and paint up to the tape as your dividing line. Then you could do something like purple on the bottom, white on the top, or black on the bottom, white on the top. That would avoid any individual color being too overwhelming.What color should I paint the walls of my room?
There are some really great steel gray colors now that coordinate really well with your colors. Pick up color swatches from the paint store or take your spread into the store. You could do the gray behind the bed and the other walls a soft white with accent colors in the artwork or even paint shelving in different shades of your spread. Don't forget to accent with the lampshade too.
You're right. Grey would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment