Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How do I make big paint splats on a wall withot causing a disaster?

I wanted to find a way I could make real paint splats because I think they would look so much better that if I actually painted them. I need them to be big or medium sized at least; they can't be small. My worries are that I don't want to cause a catasptrophe because it is a wall in a classroom and that I don't want the paints to mix and create ugly colors. I thought about doing it with baloons but I'm not sure, since I have never done it. Should I start with the dark colors first and then move on to lighter ones like yellow (which always gets mixes with the others since its lighter)? Any help will be greatly apppreciated!How do I make big paint splats on a wall withot causing a disaster?
Suggestion:





Get some canvas, or some vinyl. Try your splat technique on the approximate space with the canvas or vinyl. Do it only once. If you like the design, let the paint dry. Take an exacto knife, cut out the places where the paint hit. Then go inside and paint over it creating the same effect. The advantage is you can reproduce it with the design you created, and it will be one of kind. This would reduce the risk of disaster or something you don't like.How do I make big paint splats on a wall withot causing a disaster?
would a paintball gun work.
dont use the balloons they do not make what you want and there a mess if you don't do them just right what you should do is get a good size brush and start with any color but stay away from the Yellow for now...





what you do is you get a good size globe of paint on the brush and you sling it on the spot that you want get a lil close to the wall because it your to fare back chances are you'll have paint all over your windows and that isn't to great





good luck
I think that one of the major problems that you would face with this technique would be getting your paint the right consistency. If it is too think, it would not look good and form a big blob on the surface of the wall. If it were too thin, then it would run down the wall and would not look good.


I am got really sure what technique you could use to apply the paint to the vertical wall. Realizing that what you would come up with would definitely be original, I really question how attractive this would be in a classroom.


True, painted areas would not look as good, but they could be controlled. Perhaps you need to come up with a design using verticals, horizonals and diagonal lines that might fit the atmosphere of the classroom. Just a couple of thoughts and my opinion....Good luck and God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment