Thursday, February 25, 2010

What's the best kind of paint to paint my cellar walls with?

It's a rental I'm renting, and an old house, so I don't really want to dump a lot of money into it. My owner doesn't either. I'm sure some of you would recommend an epoxy, but I really don't want to go that expensive and I'm thinking it would make a heck of an odor when applying it. I have an older relative living with me and they would freak out over the odor if I had to use an epoxy. Or am I wrong and epoxy doesn't smell that bad ? Is there anything perhaps less expensive than epoxy that would be relatively good and seal out moisture ? It's an old cobble stone cellar that's parged with cement, but it has a relatively smooth enough surface to paint. I simply wanted to brighten it up, and hopefully seal out some moisture as it's kind of a damp cellar. Thanks.What's the best kind of paint to paint my cellar walls with?
Try Kilz.





It's a sealer, primer, and stain blocker.

No comments:

Post a Comment