Thursday, February 25, 2010

Do I have to strip the paint off the walls in my room before repainting?

So about five years ago or so, I repainted my room to a blue color. Now I'm starting to get kind of annoyed by the color, so I was thinking about repainting it to a lighter, more neutral color. Since I have pretty much no experience with this type of stuff, I have no idea if I need to take the blue layer of paint off, or if I can just paint over it or what. Please let me know if you have any tips on what to do. Thanks!Do I have to strip the paint off the walls in my room before repainting?
No....you'll probably have to put a coat of primer on it first though, then a couple coats of your new color.Do I have to strip the paint off the walls in my room before repainting?
you will need to go over it with primer or primer sealer. I usually do 2 coats of primer, especially when I an going from a dark color to a lighter color of paint on the walls.
Definitely not, and you don't NEED to use primer but it is a good idea to use it. i suggest going to your local paint store and asking them some questions cause they are the professionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment