Thursday, February 25, 2010

Is it possible to match the paint on my walls (the color has been there for years)?

I moved in to my new house and the people left a can of the living room paint in the shed. I used it to touch up a few spots.





When the paint was wet - it matched exactly. However, when it dried it was much darker.





So now I have ugly darker splotches all over the walls. Was it that the wet paint was too old?





If I go to Lowes/Home Depot and got the same exact color (I still have the original can) will it match up?





Advice appreciated, thanksIs it possible to match the paint on my walls (the color has been there for years)?
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the paint on your walls will never match the paint in the can. Light affects paint and lightens it. So, the only way you'll get the exact same color is to remove a very small piece of the drywall where it won't be noticed (yeah... I know, not cool) and then bring the piece of drywall to a store that matches your paint sample.





Honestly, I would just repaint it all. If you like the color, simply go buy some more paint using the can you have.Is it possible to match the paint on my walls (the color has been there for years)?
You're more than welcome!

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment