Saturday, February 27, 2010

I just bought a mocha colored couch and chair. What color should I paint my living room walls?

Well, mocha matches everything. So you're safe with pretty much any color except mocha.


You can pick a color by...


1. Deciding how you want the room to feel-- Warm and cozy, bright and airy, casually elegant, trendy, whatever--and go with a corresponding color.


2. Pick your favorite color.


3. Thumb through a design magazine and pick the color of whichever room jumps out at you. The name and brand of the wall color is usually in the back of the magazine.


4. If you have a lot of time to kill, paint each wall a different color and see which one you like the best.





I've done it all 4 ways in the past, and #3 has worked out best for me. (#4 doesnt work if you're super indecisive like me)I just bought a mocha colored couch and chair. What color should I paint my living room walls?
You need an accent color.....what are the colors of pillows on your couch or rugs etc.I just bought a mocha colored couch and chair. What color should I paint my living room walls?
very safe to use ivory or soft buttery yellow. sage green would also go well. Why do people always ask what color goes with what? When you look at flowers or trees in the forrest, do you say 'Ewww! what a combination?' Probably not. All colors appear naturally so I have no problem with color, just with plain white that has no POP of colorful accessories...
Try a soft bluish- turquiosish color because shades of blue compliment shades of brown. Or a lighter tan color would work well too. Hope you have success!
Soft creme!
Any color really, slate blue would be pretty, or tinted brown walls would be pretty too, or straight white with all different color browns. Buy magazines with or look for ideas in furnature ads and go from there.
Tiffany blue, with cream or white trim. Add one bold red accent.
a deep/burgundy red would look great. i have this color in my home i get great comments on it!
Sage green would look really great, very warm and dozy!
it depends on your attitude, myself I would paint it a deep orange ocher, very bold.
I would paint it some type of warm color that is also very light. You dont want a really dark wall behind the dark couch because it has the risk of making your space look smaller. Light walls make the room look bigger.





But of course, this depends also on bright the room is, which depends on the windows, height of the ceiling, and floor color/material.





Good luck!
Mocha is pretty dark so I would think you would want to be looking at neutrals.





Taupe, vanilla, oyster white, antique white, smokey blue





Try using the Behr color smart selector, the link is below.





http://behr.com/behrx/workbook/

No comments:

Post a Comment