Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What's a good kind of paint to use to keep the doggy toys and nails from scuffing/scratching the walls?

I have white now, but never painted. When I clean the scuff marks sometimes the paint comes off in chips, and, there's now way to get the scratch marks off. Do I use putty and sand it before painting? BTW-lots of kid's fingerprints get on there too.What's a good kind of paint to use to keep the doggy toys and nails from scuffing/scratching the walls?
I would spackle and sand the scratches. To cover the imperfections, TSP the walls before painting, use a good stain blocking primer like Zinsser and a thick, washable paint like Behr or Valspar. My doggies are brutal on the walls and particularly the baseboards, but when I re-painted using this technique, I have little problem washing off whatever they do and have yet to see the paint scratching off.What's a good kind of paint to use to keep the doggy toys and nails from scuffing/scratching the walls?
kitchen and bath paints are durable and scrubbable
Probably some sort of epoxy paint would do well
  • interest only loan
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment