Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Can't paint a good edge between ceiling and walls?

painters tape works well, or something like a wide spackle brush as a masking device (this option is cheaper, but much easier to mess up). painters tape is how the professionals do it.





don't worry about all those little bitty dips and bumps... it doesn't look great under close inspection but looks just fine from three feet away.





when was the last time you honestly inspected someones paint line between the ceiling and wall?





if you're really not happy, molding covers a multitude of sins.Can't paint a good edge between ceiling and walls?
You can use paint tape to make a straight line, or a straight edge, or a paint edger (walmart carries them), or you can not worry about it and put up molding to cover it.Can't paint a good edge between ceiling and walls?
It's not an easy thing to do. When I did my house I put up trim when I was done painting. I painted the trim before I put it up and then all I had to do is a little touch up to finish the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment