Saturday, February 27, 2010

What's the best type of paint to cover interior masonry block walls (basement) on a budget?

I want to do a quick and easy paint job on the basement walls in my 1940s, brick bungalow, just so they won't look so dreary. Will probably be just white or off-white paint that I get cheap from my local Habitat Re-Store. But I want to make sure I'm getting a paint that will take to the walls well, as I've never painted concrete block before. What should I choose, or stay away from? The basement is nicely waterproofed, btw, so no concerns about moisture on the walls.What's the best type of paint to cover interior masonry block walls (basement) on a budget?
Home brand semi gloss acrylic.


For the first coat use straight from the bucket, and then thin down a little for a quick second coat.


That is the best method as far as I as concerned, and use an acrylic white wash brush. They are about 5';x2'; rectangular blocks with the fibres perpendicular to the block.





Ex Painter.What's the best type of paint to cover interior masonry block walls (basement) on a budget?
Basic latex should do the trick.





I would prefer enamel myself.





As long as the walls are sealed and waterproofed, you should be able to do it relatively easily.





Just remember to buy a concrete roller for the paint.
THE ONLY paint to consider for basement wall is UGL Hydraulic paint-sold at most hardware stores-it seals the pores of the cinder block-I have used it lot-very good resultsPLUS is minimise any water seepage
I would use any brand of exterior paint, even though it's indoors.
KILZ paint it now come in colors!
the memory of a 2 rate product will linger long after the pleasure of a cut rate price
swimming pool sealer and liner paint in a well ventilated area

No comments:

Post a Comment