Saturday, February 27, 2010

Can I use the Disney Theme in my business? I want to paint Disney Charachters on the walls??

I need to know what legal issues there will be and what can I do to make this happen?Can I use the Disney Theme in my business? I want to paint Disney Charachters on the walls??
Your asking for a legal propblem frankly, anything that has to do with with disney, its character and its logos is owned by disney. Disney see is this way, if its your making money or advertising in our exspense we are loosing money. Let me give an example a student drew a disney character and put in in the school year book. The year book got into the attention of Daisney and they sued the school for copyrigth infringement. Disnwy is a advertising bloodhound who is looking at any possible ';expense'; they might encounter. So now you know.Can I use the Disney Theme in my business? I want to paint Disney Charachters on the walls??
You would not be braking any copright or trademark laws by placing Disney images on your walls. Its only an infringement if you market your business as a Disney place, or use any of their artwork in your company logo. People can buy Disney paint, borders, wall decals and more from Home Depot! Just because its a business, doesn't mean it can't be deocrated the same!
Disney characters are copyrighted so you would have to seek permission to use them in your business.....You might be better off asking a local art student to come up with some characters unique for your business instead....


Good luck!
I'd avoid it. If you're a day care or something small, you'd probably ';get away with it';. But in reality you'd still be breaking copyright law.
If the public is going to see it, I don't think so.
It should be alright to paint the characters on the wall as decoration as long as they are not used for advertisement or promotional purposes.


If you are very concerned, buy prints and hang them, then you have purchased the right to use them for your decoration.
you would have to get the rights if you are charging people to draw them but a lot of people do it anyway. but be careful because it is illegal. If you are doing it for free or as a gift they can't say anything about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment