Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How do I fix a paint chip on my wall?

I have ';faux'; panelling in my dining room made with decorative MDF molding and a chair railing applied over the dry wall and painted so that it looks like wainscoting. I left a vinyl-topped card table leaning against the painted MDF for a month or two over the holidays before I finally got round to putting it away. To my dismay, when I pulled the table away from the wall, the vinyl had stuck to the paint and pulled a big chip out - all the way down to the MDF! The paint is at least 2 years old. How do I fix it without it being obvious I patched it?





On a similar note, I applied some vinyl letters to a wall above my bed and as I was peeling away the backing of the letters, some of the underlying latex paint came away with it. Would I fix that chip the same way, too, even though it is not on MDF?





And is there something about vinyl and latex paint that doesn't mix, that I should be aware of to avoid problems like this in the future?





Thanks for your help!How do I fix a paint chip on my wall?
Fix the texture with a vinyl patch product like fast and easy from dap . then take a chip to the paint store to match color. Sorry but a faux finish on MDF is like a chandelier in a trailer.How do I fix a paint chip on my wall?
you can get different color paste basically paint but it's kind of like glue. get the color you need then fill in the hole with a dab of the paing glue stuff.





you can get this stuff at home depot


you can't notice this unless you walk up to and and look really really hard

No comments:

Post a Comment