Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What color should I use to paint my bedroom walls so that it looks nice with my furniture?

I am moving into a new apartment and the walls in my new bedroom are currently painted the most disastrous shade of electric blue. My bedroom furniture is black and my sheets and bedspread are a very deep red color (almost a red wine). I'm in college and can't afford to buy all new stuff, so I have to work with what I've got. The carpet is a very dark tan color. Can anyone think of any cool ideas for my room? What color should I paint the walls and should I use some accent colors around the room? Any ideas for any inexpensive but cute decorations too? I want it to look nice but I'm on a college budget and I have zero interior decorating skills! Thanks for your help!!What color should I use to paint my bedroom walls so that it looks nice with my furniture?
i always advice to go natural neutral colors.


its easier to change the color of furniture and add the color with the things in the room rather than completely redecorating every time.What color should I use to paint my bedroom walls so that it looks nice with my furniture?
Mocha brown. You know, that light brownish tan color. I think it would look pretty nice. It would be support a nice warm feeling to cozy up your ';cold'; room. It goes with the warm burnt red color of the bed and will soften up on how the black stands out in the room which is probably a better thing than having it stand out, on your part. Hope this helps!!!
I think a new wall color will do your room wonders. Maybe a more neutral color like creme or creme with a hint of your favorite color? Maybe mauve? You can go with shades of red for accent colors to compliment your sheets. Just make sure it will match your furniture and vanity. Try paint swatches first, good luck!
green should look great with your red bedding. You can do mint green or moss/sage green - depends on what you prefer, because either will look good with deep red.





Here's a great tutorial on how to find colors that look good together and how to coordinate them:





http://www.housepaintingtutorials.com/room-color-schemes.html
I agree, I would go neutral. That doesn't have to mean white, it could be a beige, off-white, cream color, etc. But it's a lot easier than having to repaint as you change the furnishings
Olive greens and off white colors go well with reds and black colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment