Thursday, February 18, 2010

What color should I paint my walls?

I'm wanting to decorate my bedroom in Chocolate brown and white.





What color (or colors) should I paint my walls?


I'd prefer to stay away from beige or tans, and white seems boring although maybe on one accent wall?


Would a very pale grey work?





Furniture staying in the room.


I have a white night stand.


We have a pine slightly country style bed which I'm planning on modernizing (sawing the curve off the top to make it squared clean lines) and painting glossy white.


We have a medium oak tv cabinet. (should I paint it white?)


I have a solid chocolate duvet cover.


The carpet is a blue gray.





Any and all suggestions appreciated.





PS - we strongly dislike wall paperWhat color should I paint my walls?
Yes, try to keep it a bluish gray. If you have a remnant piece of your carpeting bring it with you when pulling your strips but narrow your choice while in your room. Blues are great with your color scheme and I would paint the TV cabinet white as well...clean and fresh. Punch up the room with some graphic pillows in blues, oranges(or another color) and brown. You could also add a modern area rug for color. If you decide to do an accent wall (behind your bed) choose a stronger color..not the beige.What color should I paint my walls?
ok, so i like this idea: my cousin has a room exactly like yours! : paint walls chocolate brown then do a single stripe around the room in a turquoise.. or you do it with any other complimentary color of brown:)





-hope i helped!:)
You should paint the medium oak tv cabinet White like you said. You should paint the walls a coral color cause it goes great with everything you have.
you could have all your furniture white and keep your brown duvet cover but add some color you could paint your room an olive green color or even a light blue and play it up with black and white pics around your room
you could paint your walls teal or lime green or pink. like do stripes on an accent wall... all those colors look good with chocolate brown!
paint the walls (lower 2/3rds) something in the ocean blue range. Chocolate goes great with them. You can even bring out the blue/gray by enhancing the walls with a lighter shade of what the floor is. If you are sticking with white furniture, then get a white crown molding at Lowes or HomeDepot. Then paint the upper portions of the room and the ceiling an even lighter shade of blue from the walls or else go white. You could even get real wood molding and stain it chocolate brown to make a definite line between the upper wall and the lower wall. This makes the ceiling look a lot bigger.





I would leave your oak tv cabinet alone. Too much white will make it look sterile like a hospital. Consider putting up chocolate drapes (sheer). There are tons of choices there. Consider getting some metal artwork to put on the wall behind your bed to draw the eye from your bed up the wall to this ';big'; ceiling. Or else use different sizes of mirrors. Its the follow through of your line of vision.





Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment