Monday, February 8, 2010

What color should I paint the trim in a room with sage green walls?

I'm painting the bedroom in the condo I just purchased. The trim and baseboards are the same color as the walls (white with a pink hue). I'm going with a sage green for the wall color, but I'm at a loss for the trim. The carpet is a neutral beige color, ceiling is currently white, but I might change that as well.What color should I paint the trim in a room with sage green walls?
bright whiteWhat color should I paint the trim in a room with sage green walls?
I'm toying around with the idea of sage for my kitchen since I saw on done yesterday in a paint catalog. It was a country styled kitchen so there was plaid involved, but they paired sage with a bright pastel yellow. You could do white trim, with the yello
Trim, doors, ceiling....off white throughout the whole home. Keep it all the same as well as all the door hardware should be the same throughout the home.


You can use white, but..white is very stark and the off white will blend with everything, soften the harshest colours is easy on the eyes (ceiling).
Match the rest of the house trim. do not do each individual room a different trim color. Stain it all the same..all trim should be the same throughout the house, it ties all the rooms together.
I've heard that unless the trim matches the wall color, it should always be painted white. It outlines the architecture of the room better and makes the wall color 'pop'.
I'd say tan. Maybe even the color of the carpet itself. White could also look nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment