Thursday, February 18, 2010

What color should i paint my walls?

my bed is black and silver and everything else is dark wood. my room is small and cant get much light from the window cause theres a bush in front of it. i want blue but dont think it would look good. would it look good? if not what other color should i paint it?What color should i paint my walls?
I think blue would look okay as long as it isn't turquise-ish. A darker blue would look better even though it would block the light. You could also make the blue like waves at the beach and put some white in the waves to make it lighter to make your room seem brighter. I wouldn't use a sandy color though because it wouldn't go well with your bed and other furniture.What color should i paint my walls?
play around with the Sherwin Williams color visualizer to help you imagine how the colors will look together. It is the best paint visualizer on the web, imho. I like how their color palette is laid out, I like that you can search by color family %26amp; color name, the ';painted'; rooms look the most realistic, and it suggests coordinating color schemes. You can literally spend hours:


http://www.sherwin.com/visualizer/





I think ';twilight gray'; (# 0054) might be a great choice.





You can take a photo of your house %26amp; upload it to the makeover gallery on this website:


http://www.roomvues.com/


You can get color suggestions %26amp; for $5 they'll photoshop them onto your room so that you can get an idea of what it will look like.
I vote no on blue. It's a cold color, and you already have black and silver, which are cold. Try to balance the cold with warm. How about a sand color on the walls? You could even texture it like sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment