Thursday, February 18, 2010

I want a cottage look in my kitchen--what color should I paint the walls?

The cabinets are oak stain (thinking of painting them white). The counter tops are beige. All my kitchen accessories are pink and green. For example, I have this pink mixer: http://www.kitchenaid.com/catalog/product.jsp?src=Cook+for+the+Cure%26amp;cat=1302%26amp;prod=486 and these green canisters: http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Typhoon%2039284%20Vintage%20Small%20Canisters%20(Set%20of%203)%20-%20Green:2002897264


And lots of other pink and green stuff. Any thoughts for the wall color? It's a small kitchen, and I want it to be light and airy.





Thanks for your advice!!!I want a cottage look in my kitchen--what color should I paint the walls?
I suggest you play off the green accessories in your kitchen and go with that for a wall color. White for your cabinets will definitely give it the cottage feel. You will need a very very light green. It should almost be white, but with just a hint of green, and next to your white kitchen cabinets, the green will really look nice. ';White Mint'; from Sherwin William's is an option for you. If you could find some white curtains with just a little pink and/or green in them would also help pull your room together. A white pitcher full of pink flowers would be a nice touch for your table or counter. Here's the web site to see what ';White Mint'; looks like. I think you will agree, that this green will coordinate in your kitchen beautifully.


http://www.sherwin.com/visualizer/I want a cottage look in my kitchen--what color should I paint the walls?
play around with the Sherwin Williams color visualizer to find something that you like. It is the best paint visualizer on the web, imho. I like how their color palette is laid out, I like that you can search by color family %26amp; color name, the ';painted'; rooms look the most realistic, and it suggests coordinating color schemes. You can literally spend hours:


http://www.sherwin.com/visualizer/





I think it would look fab to paint the room a pale pink like ';gorgeous white'; (# 6049). I has just a hint of color so it will highlight your pink %26amp; green accents beautifully.





You can also take a photo of your room %26amp; upload it to the makeover gallery on this website:


http://www.roomvues.com/


You can get color suggestions %26amp; they'll photoshop them onto your room so that you can get an idea of what it will look like.
how about a pale pink on the top half of the wall, a complementary yellow on the bottom, and a white chair rail to divide it? the yellow will make it bright and pop off the pink and green, the pink will make it soft and pretty but not clash with anything, and the chair rail will make it look sophisticated and homey, like another room. a play off the country cottage blue yellow and white theme
Primrose yellow.
i would say a pale yellow or a cream
  • interest only loan
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment