Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The previous owners painted the bathroom with sand. How do I get the sand off the walls w/o replacing them?

They not only painted with a dark green, but - in my opinion - used way too much sand. It feels like a nail file. I'm planning on repainting, but want to get rid of the sand. Any suggestions?The previous owners painted the bathroom with sand. How do I get the sand off the walls w/o replacing them?
Sanding will take a long time, and you won't be happy with the results. Prime the walls, then skimcoat with joint compound. If you can still feel the sand, apply another coat. Sand the walls smooth, prime again, and paint. You will be good to go. Hope this helps.The previous owners painted the bathroom with sand. How do I get the sand off the walls w/o replacing them?
you'll have to use a fine sand paper and sand the walls down, the prime and paint.


mm
sand the walls smooth
  • interest only loan
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment