Monday, February 8, 2010

Decorating Help? I cant paint my walls, but I still want bright color in the room!?

Hello! Well my mom just moved and unfortunately, the landlord rejected my proposal of bright green walls. He said if I wanted a more neutral green I could paint it, but I decided I would just keep the slightly off-white walls. Now I'm really bummed. I had great plans, if the walls were green but now I'm not very sure what to do. I have a black blanket and green sheets and my dresser is a blonde wood color. I planned on buying black and white wall art for the room, but I feel like without the green walls it would look really, well, pale? Is there a way I can put green fabric wall hangings behind the pictures? If anyone has any tips, or ideas please help! I really would like this room to look great.





P.S I'm a teenage girl, if that helps!Decorating Help? I cant paint my walls, but I still want bright color in the room!?
don't do it! I have bright green walls I painted them when I was 14 and I HATE them now, they're soo tacky and you'll grow out of the whole bright color trendy thing in like 2 years so i would suggest don't bother with that. Add color but stay classic don't go modern unless you live in a modern apartment, if you do decide to go through with it go to IKEA for cheap really colorful mod stuff but its kinda trendy and it can fall apart on you if you aren't careful and you have to put the stuff together yourself. I would suggest look at stuff at pb teen, don't buy it cuz its way overpriced but get inspiration from there because their style is trendy but still classic and colorful.





just stay away from making your room look like lisa frank!Decorating Help? I cant paint my walls, but I still want bright color in the room!?
If you can't do any of the above, I would personally go with a canvas theme on your walls that represents something you really like in bright green colors!





For instance... something like this but with what is described above.. maybe all over your wall! One big picture on a lot of canvasses:


http://www.felt.co.nz/media/itemuploads/鈥?/a>





That would look really cool without painting the walls, and it would be even more interesting!





Hope that helps! :)
you can try adding sparks of color in other ways than just painting the walls. you could add some rugs with pops of colors. also bold curtains can really change the look of the room. bright comforters and pillows will also helps. and accessories with lots of color in them with also add to the whole theme. i really hope this helps you in redoing your room.


wanna help me with my question ? ;


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
Here's a really easy way to change up your room - and you can take it off with water!!!





Soak fabric of your choice in starch (the kind you would use to do papier mache'). Squeeze out extra starch, and then place fabric on your wall. Smooth it out...let it dry, and voila!! Instant color. It's sort of messy, but it's super easy. When you're ready to change it up - just get a sponge, and soak the fabric with water...peel it off, wash the walls, and you're back to square one with no damage :)

No comments:

Post a Comment